Sports Injury Treatment in Sacramento at the Healing Touch Chiropractic
Our Sacramento chiropractor team truly believes in the power of the healing touch—natural, personalized, non-invasive, and holistic. In our experience, active people of all ages find particular benefit from our healing services because they are so motivated to get back to the activities they love ASAP! We invite you to consider The Healing Touch Chiropractic a part of your varsity roster for sports injury recovery and prevention.
Types of Sports Injury
Sports injuries can affect muscles, ligaments, joint capsules, tendons, nerves, joints, bones, and other structures. Your sports injury may be acute or chronic—but even if you're only experiencing minor aches or pains, it's helpful to seek professional guidance to reduce the risk of a recurring problem.
The following conditions are the most common types of sports injury our Sacramento chiropractic team treats:
- Plantar fasciitis: sharp heel pain caused by inflammation to the connective tissue on the bottom of the foot
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints): microscopic damage to tissues on the front of the shins
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains: damage, tears, and inflammation in muscle or ligamentous fibers
- Tendonitis and bursitis: inflammation to tendons and bursae (friction-reducing fluid-filled sacs)
- Whiplash: neck strain that can include headaches, neck pain, jaw pain, and ringing in the ears
What Causes a Sports Injury?
While certain sports have a greater relative risk for injury (including high impact sports like running and contact sports like football), virtually any physical activity (and at any experience level) carries at least some risk for injury. The following issues are common causes and risk factors:
- Inadequate training
- Inadequate nutrition, rest, hydration
- Awkward, jarring, pounding, or repetitive movements
- Trauma (slips, falls)
- Poor technique, equipment, and/or environment (e.g., running surface)
Do you notice something about these risk factors and causes? Most of them are preventable! It's our mission to help patients take a more proactive approach to their health by controlling for these preventable factors as much as possible.
How a Sacramento Chiropractor Heals and Prevents Sports Injury
A Sacramento chiropractor can help you heal without drugs or invasive procedure through services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling
- Sports specific movement training
- Massage therapy
- Corrective exercises
Together, these services alleviate pain, reduce swelling, improve joint alignment and function, accelerate tissue healing, and improve strength, range of motion, and endurance. They'll help you heal and can improve your performance to boot!
Is a Sports Injury Keeping You on the Sidelines?
A sports injury can put you off your game, but it can also affect your work, sleep, and quality of life. Call (916) 447-3344 to schedule a consultation with a sports injury chiropractor in Sacramento CA today.